Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Really, Officially


I took these photos this afternoon of the girls picking snow peas. I hesitated to post them. In fact, I had another draft started with completely different photos about a completely different subject, but I just couldn't help myself. I had to post the photos with my garden as the subject.

I continue to be overly interested in my garden. The other day I took a video of what was supposed to be the kids playing outside as they splashed around with a bucket of water. I was trying to capture their play and the impractical way they had chosen to wash some paint brushes. (They were supposed to be painting, but they ended up being much more interested in washing the brushes than painting with them.) Before I knew it, I had turned the camera away from my children and began filming my back yard. There truly isn't a lot to film back there. It's still full of rocks and dirt and very young plants, but I thought it would be good to have a record of the garden in its nascent stage. When I showed the video to my husband, he enjoyed the small part the kids were in, but pretended to snore through the long garden shot.

I know I should wait a little longer to post any photos of things growing or things harvested. We have many months ahead for photos like these above, but it's really officially spring now and, well, I just couldn't help myself.

No comments: