Monday, March 21, 2011

The Next Day of Spring

Although I mention it in the title, this post has little to do with spring. I just like to remind myself that it is officially spring. It's hard to remember this fact when the rain has not let up for days.

Instead, I write to you about my messy house.

My home has reached a crescendo of messiness after a busy weekend. It's as if all of our stuff exploded onto all of our surfaces. The floor littered. The tabletops and counters covered. Oh, and I can't forget the (clean) laundry pile up in the living room. It's approaching Everest status again.

To prove my point, I will include this photo of a life-sized Barbie that's been hiding in my living room. The Mega Barbie, as I shall call her, is usually hard to miss (and our living room is not large). She's the size of a small child. She is actually bigger than my small child. Nevertheless, I had not seen Mega Barbie for a few days. It turns out my daughter had tucked her into a blanket by Mt Laundry Everest and I did not notice until today. Even as I piled the clean laundry nearly on top of her, she eluded me. It was a bit of a shock when I noticed this:


And now I think it's time to fold some clothes.

No comments: