Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Wedding-Like Event

We recently attended a wedding-like event in Seattle. It was "wedding-like" because the couple was not getting married that day, just celebrating their love, their friends and family and their baby, due in two months. The bride-like mom-to-be looked all glowy in a teal dress and an ostrich feathered boa. The groom-like father-to-be played the trumpet to announce the start of the party. The as-yet-to-arrive baby looked big in her mom's belly. It was an unusual, hilarious, relaxed affair held in a funky yet enchanted ballroom somewhere near the freeway. It was a personality-filled party, true to the couple we were celebrating.

I have always been enamored with Seattle. The first time I visited I was five. I don't remember that trip much, but I've had a version of Seattle in my head that I've loved ever since. I have been lucky with weather there too. I seem to always catch the city in at least part sun. Seattle on a sunny day is a good place to be, I think.

I'm just including a few photos for it was a short trip. 


The requisite Pike's Place Market shot.

Lanterns aglow at the wedding-like event.

Outside the ballroom was a courtyard filled with potted maples, strung lights and ashtrays. (It is the Northwest after all, where smoking, apparently helps some folks make it through the gray.)


The BEST mac n' cheese in the world! (Actually it's called The World's Best Mac n' Cheese.) It comes from Beecher's Handmade Cheese right near Pike's Place Market. I waited in line for this and it was awesome.

No comments: